- Pioneer Square Visit Seattle oldest neighborhood, and discover some incredible architecture, check out several art galleries, cafes and bookstores. One of the most essential spots at the Pioneer Square is Salumi – the country’s best cured-meat store. Afterwards, come by the outstanding Klondike Gold Rush National Historic Park. Finally, finish your visit with Smith Tower and enjoy the views from the 35th floor Observation Deck.
- Top of Space Needle You have two options: visit the top of the Space Needle and enjoy the panoramic views from 520 feet up, or simply visit this iconic attraction’s rotating restaurant, SkyCity. Cloudlike sundae is the most popular and recommended item on the menu. You will get the same gorgeous views without paying the admission ticket, and your taste buds will be happy!
- Pike Place Market This is the most visited landmark in Seattle – nevertheless, we recommend you pay a visit to Pike Place Market. Here are our suggestions on where to get the best food in this touristy spot: The Pink Door serves fresh Italian dishes, if you’re in the mood for spaghetti. Seattle Joe’s Scramble is a must-try at Lowell’s. Finally, if you’re hungry for clam chowder – Pike Place Chowder is the place for you.
- Bainbridge Island Take 35-minute ferry ride across Elliott Bay from Pier 52 to Bainbridge Island. While on the island, stroll through Bloedel Reserve with 150 acres of gardens, lakes and meadows. Try the island best ice cream, Mora Iced Creamery, with all kinds of delicious flavors.
- The Great Wheel Jump on the 175-foot-high Ferris Wheel and enjoy the great panorama of the city, Pacific Ocean, and the Olympic Mountains. For an even better experience, visit on a Friday or a Saturday evening and ask for a VIP carriage, which includes champagne, photo booth snaps and a personal escort to the front of the line. The Wheel runs until midnight on both Friday and Saturday nights.
Weekend Trip to Seattle
They say the best time to visit Seattle is from late June to early September. As that time of the year is right around the corner, we are happy to help you plan your trip! You will find there are countless things to do in Washington’s largest city, so here are the top essential places for you to visit: