- Ride a Cable Car First things first – this National Historic Landmark is a must-ride. These cable cars climb from Powell to the end of Hyde St at Fisherman’s Wharf. Hop onboard to enjoy the views of Nob Hill, Fisherman’s Wharf, the Bay and Alcatraz Island. Also, you may want to jump off at the Cable Car Museum to learn about the history of cable cars and how they operate. For more information about Cable Car Museum, visit this website: www.cablecarmuseum.org/
- Walk across Golden Gate Bridge The most photographed bridge in the world is a must-see on your trip to San Francisco. East sidewalk hours are 5am – 6:30pm. Enjoy the gorgeous views and bring your jacket as it gets very chilly walking across the one of the Engineering Wonders of the World. You can also rent a bike to cross the bridge if you prefer.
- Take a tour of Alcatraz Island This one of the most exciting tourist attractions! It starts with a scenic ferry ride from the Fisherman’s Wharf to the island. Commonly known as “The Rock”, the island has a history of being a lighthouse station in 1854, and then becoming a maximum-security penitentiary in 1934, housing such criminals as Al Capone. The tours sail daily from Pier 33, 8:45am – 3:50pm. The tours are usually two to three hours long. Bring a jacket with you, as it gets windy and foggy on the Alcatraz Island.
- Visit San Fran’s Chinatown Enter the crowded and chaotic Chinatown from Grant Avenue through the ornate Chinatown gate with its carved foo dogs to ward off the evil spirits. Browse for souvenirs, delicacies, and herbs. Walk up the narrow stairs to the Tien Hau Temple for a glimpse of pre-20th century Chinatown. And don’t miss the Golden Gate Fortune Cookie Factory!
- Try an award-winning pizza Visit Tony’s Pizza Napolitana to try ten different kinds of pizza in seven different ovens. The owner, Tony Gemingnani, is the first American to win the World Champion Pizza Maker title in Naples. Tony’s Heavenly Tomato Pie with hand-crushed tomato sauce cooked in a 1,000-degree coal-fired oven, an award-winning Margherita and other delicious menu items will leave you satisfied.
- Twin Peaks Having binge-watched Twin Peaks, legendary TV show by David Lynch, you should definitely hike up to the top through one of the newly opened Twin Peak trails. For more information on the background of the project, visit this website: http://sfrecpark.org/project/twin-peaks-urban-trails-project/
Weekend trip to San Francisco
It’s time for another weekend trip! San Francisco is always a good idea. So tune in to Scott McKenzie’s San Francisco, and start packing. The city lures nearly 17 million tourists every year. It has so much to offer – even the locals constantly discover something new and interesting. Since there is tons of events and locations to discover around San Francisco – we have highlighted 6 things for you to do this weekend (or any weekend):